District Goals and Objectives 2020-2021
The West Islip Community is committed to excellence in education through the establishment of an academic, vocational and social environment in which all children can learn and succeed. Our students will be provided the opportunity to develop their self-esteem and a respect for others while acquiring the knowledge, skills and attitudes to become responsible citizens in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to
have students think in global terms and develop cultural sensitivity and an international orientation. We seek to instill in our students the ability to share their commonalities, celebrate their differences, and appreciate that learning is a lifelong process.
Update policies and protocols as required by law and Commissioner's Regulations.
Provide first year Board trustee with information and training related to the business and finance functions of the school district
- Respond to pandemic and school safety/security-related matters as prescribed by federal, state and local requirements.
- Update personnel procedures to streamline timeline for hiring staff.
Create a fiscally responsible and operationally efficient budget that maintains and enhances the integrity of all programs.
Establish an online enrollment process for new registrants to the district.
III. CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
- Provide professional development in the areas of technology, virtual instructional practices, literacy, mindfulness, and physical and mental health and wellness.
- Continue to implement activities to achieve increased gender diversity and inclusivity in the high school STEM Academy and engineering technology classes.
- Monitor the timeline of construction projects and SED reporting to ensure that funding is available as required, including the timely receipt of State Building Aid.
Evaluate district needs and identify priority items to fund through the capital reserve.
- Effect the sale of the Masera Elementary School property
Provide learning opportunities for parents in the use of district technology and applications.
Explore options for technology support and school security solutions.